The most beautiful couple in Australia, in all ways (in my humble opinion) are the rather hot Jennifer Hawkins and husband Jake Wall.
This genetically blessed couple met in a bar in their hometown of Newcastle, shortly before Jennifer became Miss Universe. Their relationship has survived and thrived through the pomp and ceremony that goes with the giddying heights of fame.
Not only that, they’ve been super smart with their money. According to records Jennifer’s (and Jake’s of course) property journey goes something like this:
2006, a Merewethr, Newcastle home for $469,000. She leased it out and sold it in 2017 for $782,000.
2007: A Merewethr, Newcastle home for $620,000. Sold for $731,000 in 2015.
2007 Bondi apartment for $895,000. She and Jake sold it for $1,200,000 seven years late
2009 (In the midst of the GFC no less – you buy when you’re ready!) a knockdown house in Curl Curl, Sydney’s Northern Beaches for $1,375,000. I can’t find the build cost but they sold it in 2014 for $4,100,000.
2009 a second “knockdown & rebuild” in Curl Curl which they sold for $5m in 2016.
2014 two adjacent blocks in Newport Beach, Sydney for $4,000,000. They decided to move on from their 3-year labour of love and sold it earlier this year for a reportedly, very cool $20,000,000.
2020 they went for Dame Joan Sutherland’s old pad in Newport, reported to be the largest coastal estate in the area. They paid $6,900,000 and they are apparently ready to spend $3,000,000 on the renovations!
I CAN NOT wait to see what they do with it 🏖
Go you great Newcastle family and congratulations on the birth of your beautiful Frankie Violet 👼
So, what about you?
Are you going to finish reading this article and then think, “ah well, how lovely for them” or are you going to say to yourself, “right, how do I get started?”.
You, me and your best friend can all do this and here re 6 tips to get started:
- Mindset 🙌: Like I say in my book, “Mind, Body, Sold!” without mindset, skill set is academic. In other words, no matter how much you know, if you don’t believe in yourself, how are you going to make things happen?
- Education 🤓: No one is doubting that buying any kind of property is expensive so always go in with eyes wide open. Go see those auctions, follow campaigns from beginning to end, know how each real estate agent works, know the market your buying in REALLY well.
- The Numbers 🔢: The purchase price is just the beginning of your costs. Before you negotiate that killer deal, you need to understand how much it will cost to service the property, yields, how much capital gains you’re likely to make and so much more due diligence.
- Good Debt And How To Leverage It 🤹♂️: Leverage is not a dirty word. Don’t think for a second that Jennifer and Jake didn’t take some strategic gambles to end up where they are today, especially in the middle of the GFC when EVERYONE would have told them not to buy. You have to block out the noise and run your own race. Honestly, everyone has an “expert” opinion on property!
- Different Money-Making Ways💰: Will the property give you good yield from a tenant? Would it be a good one to spruce up and “flip” or should you hang onto it for capital growth?
- Talk To Me📞: Having me by your side, either as a consultant or a full time Buyer’s Agent, will ensure that you buy the best property, for the best price for you right now. After all, you make your money when you buy, so let’s make sure you buy the best possible one so that you can enjoy future wealth.
Note: There may be more properties and maybe the numbers are slightly out, but you get my drift.
To find out how you can do the same, Book a meeting with Elaine